View Single Post
Old 02-23-2019, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaddybenz View Post
Here..... a picture is worth a thousand words! :-)

If you look closely the chain somehow jumped forward by one gear..... I don't know how that might be possible but there it is...... what are the chances that it did in fact jump time and is there a way that I can tell if any vales are bent without removing the cylinder head???...... In it's current state, that is?
I don't think your timing chain broke or snapped. MBZ diesel engine is interference engine and all valves would be bent out of shaped if it did snap. Engine will NOT run. I suspect it is something simple. The valve cover cracked for some reasons ( need to find out ) and oil get onto the turbo or exhaust to cause the burning smell, BTDT. Just remove the cover, remove all debris, turn the engine by hand and check for any foreign objects. Good luck.

btw: I seriously doubt the timing is jumped.

W124 Keyless remote, PM for details. http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/mercedes-used-parts-sale-wanted/334620-fs-w124-chasis-keyless-remote-%2450-shipped.html

1 X 2006 CDI
1 x 87 300SDL
1 x 87 300D
1 x 87 300TDT wagon
1 x 83 300D
1 x 84 190D ( 5 sp ) - All R134 converted + keyless entry.