View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 11:03 AM
Master hull craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 SL320 View Post
Your first post said:

Then as the story unfolds:

This is a real life example of why shops don't like to give off the cuff diagnoses. The shop gives a free " it might be this but I need to look into it further " and the car owner takes this as " 100% here is your problem " then blasts the shop for a " miss-diagnosis ".

The questions are:

Is a shop required to give free in depth diagnosis? ( A sub question is, Does your doctor give free tests to determine what pills you need? )

If they had told you the fan clutch was bad, would you have fixed it your self or paid them to fix it?

If the shop said to change change the water pump at the same time, would you have considered this padding the bill?
Or he's possibly incompetent like many mechanics are in the look it up on YouTube days we live in, or very possible liked the idea of charging for separating the engine and trans while only repacing something on the front of the motor. If you stick your head under the hood then under the side by the door it's going to be pretty obvious which end it's coming from in most cases. I sell parts and turn business away working on cars for multiple reasons. I've even refused to sell parts to certain Indy's because they are scum bags. Euro cars have swarms of dirty bastards buzzing around them. Some of the ****bags I've bought parts cars from make me want to vomit There are some really good guys but be warned!
Smiling faces some time tell lies, and I've got proof!