View Single Post
Old 03-06-2019, 12:34 PM

Porkface, Appreciate the reply.

Hard Warm Start IS the problem. That translates to 5 or 6 seconds of cranking. If I give it a little throttle, it starts in a second or so, no stumbling and no wavering RPMs. I should mention that Cold Start takes about 2 or 3 seconds. Aux Air Valve moves RPMs to about 1200 or 1300 RPM. Once warmed up (about 7 minutes), AAV begins to close and RPMs stabilize at 850.

1) Set the Timing at 10BTDC, Dwell at 40 degrees. Idle = 850 RPM.

2) Mixture set at exhaust manifold back pressure pipe (pre Cat) = About 2% CO. Measured at tail pipe (post Cat)= about .1% CO.

3) New Bosch injectors, Seals, Insulation & Guides.

4) Thermotime Switch and Cold Start Valve tested and cleaned.

5) Tested Fuel Pressures.

*At Cold start up, Control Pressure = 1.2 Bar. Once Warm = 3.5 Bar.
*System Pressure = 5.4 Bar.

*Residual Pressure (Initial) = 3.2 Bar. At 20 minutes = 2.8 Bar. At 2 hours = 2.5 Bar. At 4 hours = 1 Bar. At 18 hours (overnight) = .2 Bar.

I know that leaks (not normal) can, and leakdown (normal) will occur. Depending who you talk to, the leaks can occur at the Primary System Pressure Regulator O-Ring, the Fuel Pump Check Valve, and the Fuel Accumulator. The FSM says immediate leaks (0 Bar) are most likely the Check Valve or the Accumulator, and slow leaks may be the O-Ring in the Pressure Regulator.

From what I've read, the leakdown rate I have is normal. WHAT is causing my hard warm starts???

MM

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkface View Post
30 mins is the typical kjet spec for duration with no drop in pressure. if it starts ok hot, rest pressure isn't a problem.