View Single Post
Old 03-06-2019, 01:55 PM
Master hull craftsman

This wagon has an SLS delete kit. I Have a parts car with it but it's never been tested so swapping non working SLS back in is kinda silly. It's got some beefy rear springs in it fron something else non MB I believe, and w123 sedan shocks which can't handle the springs really, the (_______) I bought it from says one is "blown out" . Its funny the guy that sells the SLS delete kits doesn't even address that . I guess people don't get that springs and shocks are matched to a degree. I'll be putting w126 kyb or heavy duty bilstien shocks to help some. So I'm figuring the anti squat would be helpful with a load or a trailer. On top of that it's going to be seeing a substantial power increase too. I'll be saving for the good(can't recall who builds it at the moment) injection pump and a turbo plus the manual trans frees up considerable power along with 3.23 rear axle ratio with LSD. My only concern about the anti squat with towing is that when I'm essentially doubling the weight of the vehicle(or more) the stresses put on the sway bar mount under acceleration and deceleration are going to be pretty high. The sway bar is the upper control arm and prevents the hub from being able to move fore and aft. It also needs to be pivoting at the correct height for the system to work properly. I've got to measure some things and see if the mount can be beefed up maybe.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk