View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyMan View Post
There is another side to the Canadian/United States prescription drug price war. A few years ago, I spoke with an FDA rep concerning the inexpensive drugs flowing into the United States from Canada.

His take was this: The FDA has NO control over quality of drugs coming from Canada, therefore the drugs may be of poor quality.

I'm not taking up for his argument, but that is what he shared with me.

Okay for the first time ever my regular calcium blocker was on back order. I have been on it for years. They gave me a temporary replacement after consulting with the doctor. My normal product is a Bayer product Adalat XL. Slow release. The replacement is a ninety day supply of Amiodipine Besolate of 10mg a tab.

The spec sheet issues with it suggests phoning the FDA in America if I have issues with side effects. It retails for about 21.00 American here. Including dispensing. My copay was abut 6.00 American. I suspect this is an all too common calcium blocker. So any American drug store should be able to quote the American price for them.

I have never had a drug I am on backordered before. I have had a few situations where only part of my 90 day prescription was filled and asked to pick up the remainder in a few days. If a member took a moment and checked the American price. It might prove interesting to some other than myself. It almost has to be a given this product is originating from America to us.

I am actually more focused on the issue of the massive amount of across the counter derivative action in the American financial community right now. . It is far in excess of what it was in 2008. Yet there is dead silence about this.

What good is a media that suppresses very important things? The government is both aware of this and the potential danger of it. Where are they? There has been even more relaxation of regulations since 2008 as well. Instead of the need to tighten them up. This to me approaches the criminal or irresponsible area. What do they want? Soup lines.

Last edited by barry12345; 03-20-2019 at 11:37 PM.