View Single Post
Old 03-23-2019, 08:54 AM

Not uncommon as I thought some of those cams where soft towards the front lobe. May have to ask around but I have had lobes restored and ground correctly years ago. On those engines. Inspect the followers as well as I remember they can wear through the surfaced hardness and it is quite visible when they do.

Because of todays costs I would put a request on parts wanted. So many 114s rusted out there should still be some good cams and rockers out there. I am sure you know to request them numbered from front to back. Remember to test all your valve lash adjusters with a torque wrench for minumun resistance.

I have two good m130 engines. They are just too good to part out. One with a flywheel clutch and four speed. The place I used to build and machine the cams was in Montreal Canada. I am pretty sure they are still in business. I live 600 miles away.

I just know the cost is no longer fifty dollars. The classic center may point you to a place that has the profiles for these cams. If others that post have no ideals. How common was your issue? On one of the spare engines I have there was a new cam rockers and towers present

They made a lot of those engines so the wrecking yards might be your best option as well.