View Single Post
Old 03-23-2019, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry12345 View Post
Mental health care is inclusive with our universal health care system in Canada. I do have issues with the effectiveness of it. For example it would not surprise me if the rates per thousand of suicides might be similar to those in America. Especially of those with the ptsd factor.

This post traumatic stress disorder is getting all too common. It seems those inflicted have really serious issues living with it. I have had no reason to think if the common accepted description of it is really the best one.

A persistent state of remaining in semi shock is kind of what I see. That should wear off but does not seem to. So the brain shifts to a kind of limp mode. It is known that excess trauma divides the brain functions between hemispheres. Where they no longer connect properly as well.

Once established it seems to be at least semi permanent. I have never sat down and extensively talked with any grown person that seems to have it. They seem too fragile to attempt it. It has to be tough on any family dealing with a member with it needless to say.

There may be a genetic test to be developed that indicates those that may be far more likely to develop it under a lot of stress someday. Today for example there is a blood test to indicate either the presence of bi polar or perhaps even the likelihood of developing it.
Any chance you've got some link to this info? I work in the field and haven't heard of this, thanks