Thread: Big Moment
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2003, 04:41 PM
Moderating, Eh?

During the massive Ice Storm that affected Eastern Canada/Northeastern US a few years ago, I got rear-ended in my trusty 1971 Mercedes 250 sedan by a 5-ton Ontario Hydro truck. I was stopped at a stop sign and the Hydro truck slid into me. It knocked me like a hockey puck straight through the intersection on the icy roads. I ended up in a snow bank about 50 feet further.

Luckily, the oncoming cars avoided me and I was unharmed. To everyone's amazement my Benz only had a small dent in the trunk which I pounded out on the spot with the help of the Hydro crew. I didn't even file a claim.

The driver of the truck and the crew had been working over 15 hours straight during the storm to try and help get power to people in rural areas and the driver was simply exhausted and had slipped on the pedal.

The Hydro guys thanked me and drove away to help more people without power. I thanked the engineers at Mercedes (and the icy roads) and drove home with only a small scratch on the trunk to remind me of the incident.
Attached Thumbnails
Big Moment-canice.jpg  
1998 E430 - sold
1989 300E - 333,000 Km - sold
1977 280E - sold
1971 250 - retired

"And a frign hat. They gave me a hat at the annual benefits meeting. I said. how does this benefit me. I dont have anything from the company.. So they gave me a hat." - TheDon