View Single Post
Old 04-07-2019, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilslick View Post
The upper end of the cable at the vacuum control valve. Cable length can be adjusted by loosening the bolt that is circled (pic 1). No change when adjusted. I am very familiar with adjusting the cable for previous years on the 606, 603, 602, and the 601. I also know the procedure for the 617. I'm familiar with adjusting the vacuum control valve on the above mentioned models. I'm familiar with testing and adjusting the modulator on the aforementioned models.

This particular car has the electronically controlled accelerator pedal/cable. It has a vacuum actuator on the control pressure cable at the lower, transmission end. The vacuum is routed through some other electronic controls underneath the antilock brake "brain" that's mounted on the left front fender.

This system is not just a cable to the trans and a vacuum line to the modulator. I've tested the vacuum actuator that is part of the control cable assembly. From what I found in researching, the actuator is supposed to hold vacuum. It does! I'm at a loss as to how to run any diagnostic procedures on this system to eliminate components. If it was just the good old Bowden cable, vacuum control valve, and a modulator then I'd know where to go from here. There's not much info out there for the '96 E300 with the 722.4.

Pic #2 is a googled pic of the control cable/vacuum actuator assembly. The white arrow shows the cable. The yellow arrow shows where the vacuum line connects.
This looks like a cross over year when 210's were fitted out with hybrid 124 parts including a 722.4 box - the second photo appears to be a 722.427 which also appeared in UK during W202 crossover, although not 210's to my knowledge.

It depends on how much of the 210 stuff you have, is the IP fully electronic matted to OM606.962?

The 722.4 only has the two forms of input mentioned above, need to figure out where the input is taken for bowden cable substitute.

1996 Mercedes S124 E300TD - 129k - rolling restoration project -

1998 Mercedes W210 300TD - 118k (assimilated into above vehicle)