View Single Post
Old 04-29-2003, 01:37 AM

Ok..

Took my car to the mechanics and here is the initial assessment.

He told me that under the fuel injector there are plastic housing that attach to it. (Sorry I cannot be specific because I live in a country where english is not the native language and I am trying to translate what he explained to me).

The problem is, that plastic is crack and leaking oil. The mechanics said the stuff I am seeing is not grease but rather petrol. He said there is a safety concern that the engine may catch a fire.

Now is he lieing? I don't think so since he suggest me not to fix it as in order to fix it, its very involved. He said he needs to open the engine, exposing the interior cylinders and have it replaced. Worst still, with the age of my car, he said there is a risk that when he remove injectors (appreantly, all 6 must be removed at once) plastics attached to other 5 will also crack as a result. This will lead to me replacing all 6 rather than just 1. It will cost me around 1200 USD to replace all 6 including labour.

He said leave it and watch if it get any worst since I am not getting any hestitation problems. However he warn that there is a risk of fire as those are petrol coming out and he said to me be very careful.

My view, have it changed. I do not want to risk a fire in my car. Although the 140 dosen't worth much nowadays, (over 10 years old!!) I still don't think risking a fire is wise compare to USD 1200 investment.

Any comments folks?? Anything else I should be caution while the engine is open? or should i really drive and risk a fire?

Last edited by h_shek; 04-29-2003 at 02:34 AM.