View Single Post
Old 04-22-2019, 02:23 PM

Quick update. I advanced the ignition timing and am now in the green on my vacuum tester at 20 inches. My valve cover hose is cracked and will be replaced and I have not looked at the condition of the tube in the air box yet. I am working in balancing the carbs now and getting the vacuum dashpot dialed in. It is working but will be easier to set up with a helper so I can watch it when the car is put into gear. I tried the paper thickness but the idle still drops too much in gear at that setting. The adjuster screw was missing when I got the car so it's not a new problem.
My carbs were better balanced but I did some roadside adjusting and going to balance again. As it sits now, the front is pulling a lot more vacuum than the rear. Back to synchronizing the butterflies. Can anyone give me a baseline setting on the little grub screws (cO2)? I have them one turn out but I have no analyzer or reference to start with those. I already went back to 1.5 turns out on the air/fuel screws.

More updates this week as I go. She is insured now at least and I am getting my tag tomorrow. Trying to get her running so my daughter can drive it to her senior prom in a few weeks.

Thanks,
Edmund