View Single Post
Old 04-29-2003, 08:28 PM

300D experimentation time

I have started the ball rolling to come up with a "conversion" kit for the automatic climate control system on the W123/126 models. I have my electrical engineer friend from work involved and I hope we can come up with an inexpensive PLC/manual switch control system that can be installed in the 123/126 models to replace the screwy automatic system. My way of thinking is that we will have a three position switch for the fan and a rheostat to operate the monovalve. Switches will be used to operate the solenoids that operate the damper actuators. I'm going to let my electrical engineer friend figure out the best thing to do with the monovalve. This should be interesting. The subject test vehicle "mule?" is the 300D which, by the way, runs like a scalded dog now with the replacement engine/tranny and the wastegate spring "cranked" down. I will try to document everything and take pictures as applicable. Any comments/suggestions will be appreciated.

Oh yea - the defrost WILL NOT come on blasting HOT, HOT air when the defrost function is selected - this ain't what we need in south Ga.

Last edited by engatwork; 04-30-2003 at 07:25 AM.