View Single Post
Old 04-29-2003, 11:57 PM
Certified diesel nut

Quote:
Originally posted by leathermang
Am I just being cynical... or is the San Francisco Bay area famous for having a very pleasant and mild climate ? Somewhat the reverse of Texas...
I don't think it's possible to compare to the heat of Texas, but during the summer it does typically get rather hot around here. I'm on the peninsula halfway between San Jose and San Francisco, and will likely see over 100° for at least 2 straight weeks this summer, and mid to high 90's for much of the rest of the summer. Granted, the humidity's nowhere near what you see in Texas but it does get hot. The San Joaquim Valley, OTOH (central California; Sacramento's at one end and Bakersfield's at the other) gets hot and humid...not quite as bad as Texas, but pretty close.

Granted, for me, a perfect day is 50° and raining cats and dogs , but still... I actually use the a/c quite often. I still haven't figured out why the car humidifies horribly whenever in EC Mode, so even in the rare occurence when I want heat, the compressor's turning...

The car was converted to 134 before I bought her, so I don't know if it was done "right" or not...I've been planning on doing a 134 conversion on the truck (the R-12 that's in there now has an air pocket or something), but haven't had the $$ to do it right and don't want to blow the compressor...
Previous oilburners: 1980 IH Scout, 1984 E-350, 1985 M-B 300D, 1979 M-B 300SD, 1983 M-B 300D
Spark-free since 1999