View Single Post
Old 05-04-2019, 10:15 PM
"One with my 71"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWB250 View Post
Thanks!

I try to document things as best as I can. I have far more photos than I post on the blog, so if there's something you want details on, PM me and I can provide whatever I've got in the way of pictures.

I'll update this thread as I add to the blog. I've been doing that elsewhere but didn't realize there was a "projects" section on PP until now.

I'm well into the rebuilding of the rear axle & suspension and will be posting on that tonight and tomorrow. I just did the following:

Replaced:
Centering rod bushings
Support rod sleeve and bushing
Pinion seal

I did this all in-frame, which a number of people have told me is not possible, as they said the support rod (the big cast arm that goes from the differential to the mount in the front of the trunk) could not be removed without dropping the rear axle out of the car.

I just did it without dropping the rear axle, so it can be done. I'm pretty stoked about this, as I really feared this would be a real nightmare of a job. Other than being a bit brute force, it's not bad at all.

Again, I'll have a major blog post tonight about what I've done so far.

Dn

Thanks for the update. I'll be doing the same work on my 71 after the engine is done. I'm going slow and easy... could be awhile!