Thread: Tariffs?
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2019, 09:45 AM
"One with my 71"

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry12345 View Post
The importance of the total north American market of 300-400 million people is declining for China. As the orient and other areas are experiencing a rise in their standards of living.

China has been selling to the"orient and other places" for quite awhile. there is no significant uptick in those markets. Look at what they risk losing....https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_consumer_markets

A lot of farmers have essentially lost their businesses over it already. Crops will probably rot in the fields as a result.

Name one farmer please. Subsidies prevent that, so does replacing old crops with different crops. Let me see one field of rotted soy beans.

China has also said the loss of their market is likely permanent.

Again, no loss. farmers adapt and plant other crops.

When I buy from China most vendors are now aware of the excessive markups on their products here.

Powerful observation about how communism works compared to capitalism. The average Chinese can't afford Chinese products made in China.

North America has no possibility of finding alternative suppliers. Unless it wants to pay more and even that may not work. If what is needed is only produced in China.

You should try fact checking your 'feelings'. factories have already begun to leave China... https://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2018/07/30/trade-war-casualties-factories-shifting-out-of-china/#65709762103e

I have been trying to find a card north America really holds in this.
Our roaring economy is one. Another is the lowest unemployment in 50 years (translates to more consumer buying power). China's economy will suffer the most, yet you seem to ignore articles written about that. Google them. And the largest card is what is already occurring... factories are leaving China. Why do you think China hasn't slapped Apple with any Tariffs? They employ 4.8 MILLION workers!

As for factories leaving China... As I provided evidence of... it's already happening.

Inserted my answers into your text.