View Single Post
Old 04-30-2003, 08:36 PM
turbodiesel

My 300SDL For sale..

I decided today to give it it's bi-annual wash and detail and take some pics. I'm looking at various w210 diesels, and it looks like I'm going to get one of them soon... so she must go! I could use the extra cash.

I planned on taking it cross country in June, and I am if I don't sell it and find another. I just put over $1000 in PARTS this month getting it ready.

I bought her from the original owner family in 1/01 with 226k. It was a california car until 1996 where it moved to southern jersey. It is a european delivery program car, serviced at MB of Hollywood until 77k, then Contemporary Motorcars (MB Dealership) in Little Silver, NJ until 224k.

The smoke silver exterior is in OK shape. The paint is dull, with some scratches and dings but absolutely no rust. The creme leather interior is decent, with no rips or cracks but it's showing it's age. The driver seat bolster has a wear spot on it from getting in and out. The climate control was just rebuilt and works perfectly. The original Becker works great, and I have added a 6-disc Blaupunkt CD changer. The A/C is ice cold and was just topped off last year with R12.

Mechanically the car is great. Here is a quick rundown of recent work:

- New front pads, calipers and brake hoses @ 314k
- New waterpump, belt tensioner, tensioner pulley & shock, coolant tank, sender unit and cap, upper radiator hose, fan and fan clutch, theromostat, MB coolant @ 312k
- Fuel filters @ 304k
- Trans fluid and filter changed religiously (20-30k), last done @ 290k
- Oil and filter changed religiously every 3-4k, last done @ 315k
- Timing chain and tensioner @ 272k
- Bosch starter, motor mounts and shocks @ 287k
- Bosch alternator @ 307k

What it needs:

- Front tie rods and alignment
- New serpentine belt, I have the belt, needs to be put on

I'm accepting reasonable offers.. I know it's got some miles but I've maintained it religiously. If you're close, I can bring the car to you to look at.

Pictures taken a few hours ago:
http://www.onlineautolink.com/300sdl-043003/index.html

Warning - pics are big (~250k each).