View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 07:30 PM

So aside from the occasional bulb failure that goes away now on its own, and the bas/asr light going off and fixing itself before I had a chance to install the brake switch I bought, my E300TD has been a pretty good car. I've had it since Valentine's Day this year and even with 280k or so miles, it runs great and I love it. My girlfriend also loves it, and she kinda needs a car so I check Facebook Marketplace from time to time to see what pops up.

There is a local guy selling what appears to be a pretty clean 97, so non turbo, but only 117k. He says it runs and drives but needs a water pump and radiator hose. I asked him if that was all since it seems to be pretty low for only needing that and a low mileage diesel. He says it doesn't overheat, just the pump has worn out due to age/mileage. He says it looks like a little steam comes out from behind the water pump and from the hose. I have no idea what that is supposed to mean, but I can tell in the pics of the engine bay, a main hose is split pretty bad and you can see the inner cloth mesh looking type stuff that I guess protects the inner part of the hose.

You guys wanna throw in your .02 on what you think it sounds like?

I accidentally posted this in the Vintage forum instead of this one and asked a moderator to move it, but in case they don't get on and look at those sorts of things too often, I wanted to repost it here:

So aside from the occasional bulb failure that goes away now on its own, and the bas/asr light going off and fixing itself before I had a chance to install the brake switch I bought, my E300TD has been a pretty good car. I've had it since Valentine's Day this year and even with 280k or so miles, it runs great and I love it. My girlfriend also loves it, and she kinda needs a car so I check Facebook Marketplace from time to time to see what pops up.

There is a local guy selling what appears to be a pretty clean 97, so non turbo, but only 117k. He says it runs and drives but needs a water pump and radiator hose. I asked him if that was all since it seems to be pretty low for only needing that and a low mileage diesel. He says it doesn't overheat, just the pump has worn out due to age/mileage. He says it looks like a little steam comes out from behind the water pump and from the hose. I have no idea what that is supposed to mean, but I can tell in the pics of the engine bay, a main hose is split pretty bad and you can see the inner cloth mesh looking type stuff that I guess protects the inner part of the hose.

You guys wanna throw in your .02 on what you think it sounds like?

Last edited by vstech; 05-20-2019 at 07:32 AM.