View Single Post
Old 05-19-2019, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biopete View Post
I’m hooking up my new engine in the w115. Almost ready to start !
What engine was removed, and what engine is being installed? Is the original transmission being retained?

Quote:
I can’t get this rod that connects to transmission on the right side and the throttle link on right side of engine.
Do you mean that you cannot obtain the control pressure rod?

Quote:
This year is weird and has no Bowden cable. Anyway I think they call it pressure control rod. I think it is just for the kick down. Anyone know ?
A control pressure rod was used up to 1981; thereafter a control pressure cable. Nothing "weird" about it. Kickdown is effected by the solenoid on the right front corner of the trans, and the switch under the throttle pedal.

Quote:
Anyway the place on transmission it hooks up Does not rotate much — like 1/8 inch. Doesn’t seem it would do much. Is that supposed to rotate ? I can’t get the rod on it because of that protruding thing that has the electrical connection on it. So I’m thinking the place should rotate so the shaft can connect to transmission.
The control pressure arm, to which the rod is attached, points up, away from the KD solenoid. It is clamped to the shaft that extends from the trans.