View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 09:14 PM
Joe

The earlier thread was based on limited information without the tools being present to pull the precombustion chamber and use a scope to look inside. The scope I'm using has a head that prevents going beyond the precombustion chamber hole. The engine absolutely did not kick off the oil filler cap when running, and there was no white or blue smoke out the tailpipe. On the highway, it was a dense black cloud, clearly due to the fuel not burning and any injector issues. This is why I posted because nothing really made sense here. I won't know the amount of damage until I get the head off, and I'll post all the pics here once I do. I need to see the piston better to make the final determination, and looking at the valves and any debris in the chamber will answer all questions once and for all. With what I've read and heard about so many cars out there with original injectors (and seeing some of the Kent Bergsma and other youtube videos), it would be a surprise that a streaming or intermittent injector could cause all this damage. It is precisely because this failure is so weird, the sharing of ideas and experiences is helpful...I don't have my car to drive, and I'm now facing insanely expensive options to get it back on the road. I absolutely don't want anyone else to go through this.