View Single Post
Old 05-26-2019, 10:30 PM

99 E300D shifting issues...

my wife's car is shifting oddly, but only after or during full throttle downshifts.

the first instance was when merging on the interstate from a cloverleaf interchange, so i was probably going <25 mph. i stomped the accelerator. the engine rpm's increased, way slower than it should have. like seconds slower, then it felt delayed engaging to actually GO.

the second, most recent was today. right lane must turn right, im in the left lane and spotted a tundra passing everyone on the right only to cut us all off at the last second. i decided to be a dick, and again, stomped it. downshifted well, although i still thought a little slow, got it into the higher rpm's. responding to my wife's insistence (riding shotgun at the time) i let off to slow down from 65ish in a 45 zone, and the trans stayed in the lower downshifted gear, which im guessing was 2nd. even after tapping the accelerator a few times, it STILL stayed in that lower gear. it wasn't until we slowed down a good bit at the upcoming light that it was ok.

my wife informed me she never "stomps it" or needs to, other than that, it shifts perfectly.

the winter/summer switch is in summer, and the asr is on.

other than that, i don't have much info.

thanks in advance for all the help!