View Single Post
Old 05-01-2003, 10:32 AM
Ken Downing
Posts: n/a
You will need a head made for the pump.. They were common a few years ago and used for other things besides cars.. As you said you can use a turbo or non turbo head as I remember.. But watch close that the oil and water passages are right.. .. I have two friends that just looked around the salvage yards and got stronger springs.. I talked to both but they have forgotten what cars they came from.. But perhaps S cars.. They both just replaced the rear shocks with air shocks.. You only need to remove the shocks and check the travel and get a replacement that fits and has the right travel.. However you really need to have springs that will carry the car.. Many of the old TD's have rear springs that have sagged and the level system now carrys the rear of the car more than it should.. For some reason here in the US we seldom replace a spring if not broken.

Reply With Quote