View Single Post
Old 05-30-2019, 01:01 PM
Conservative

My daughter is still without water...we temporarily moved her and her family down to us. My brother is still without power...he has well water, and without a power source, he has no water. We were able to get his set up with our generator, though, so he's got enough power for the well and his cold foods.

It's been confirmed that 20 hit the Miami Valley in Monday night's storm...well above average. 35 hit the state that night. The largest was an F3, and only one fatality from the storm when a vehicle flew into a house, killing an 81 year old male.

Our church is a Red Cross center, and we've been re-stocking the church's pantry, which is being used to feed the Red Cross program. I've been out since Tuesday morning, pulling trees and disabled vehicles out of the way for homeowners in Beavercreek, and hauling debris to the dumping site for folks...it's about all I am able to do to help them.

It's been a busy week...but with only one death, our region was lucky. Twisters usually hit north of Dayton or east in the Beavercreek/Xenia area. Our worst one was in 1974...EF-5 hit Xenia and wiped out much of the town.

To me, it seems as if the weather patterns are more like they were in the 1970's with longer Winters, an actual Spring before Summer, and a hot Summer. The last 35 years or so, Spring would only be a week long before the sweltering Summer heat. This year, it was colder longer, which has gone a long way to spike the Twister numbers.

Meet on the level, leave on the square. Great words to live by

Were we directed from Washington when to sow and when to reap, we should soon want bread. - Thomas Jefferson: Autobiography, 1821.