Thread: 606 timing
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2019, 02:39 PM

After watching the dieselmekken video I can clearly see the timing marks in his video. I am back out looking at mine today and I sure as hell do not see any marks anywhere on the thing. It does not seem to have any gunk at all on it but seems to be painted black originally. I have even gone so far as to start scraping off the paint but I still do not see marks. This seems impossible. For grins I came in to look up the part in the EPC thinking maybe for some reason there was a version of this part that did not have marks. This one has me stumped. If I can't find marks I may just turn it till the first light lights up then adjust the pump to light up the 2nd light and see if it helps the pinging.

So there are no marks on my balancer at all, very strange. What I ended up doing is rotate the engine around until the 1st light lit up, I then advanced the pump until the 2nd light came on then where the 1st light went out. I then back it out to where both lights were on. I took it for a quick drive and the ping on acceleration seems to be gone. What is more concerning is the lack of marks. I could make more involved work in the future more difficult to do.