Thread: Cel codes.
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 03:20 PM

I bought a new maf so I'm pretty sure it's fine. But I did the maf delete and I might've got a bad resistor so I'll be checking that out. I have a tester and I'll check the resistor installed and a fresh one to see if that's the problem. After all you can't take anything for granted. If the resistor checks out then I'll return the maf wiring to stock and see if that remedies the problem.
I read the maf fix would work without the maf being plugged in. And I tried that too. Same results.
Not concerned with the egr until I get the maf fault cleared. I have the egr transducer removed per the egr delete instructions and I'm hoping that won't need to be attended to. BTW I did change the egr transducer with the turbo transducer and that cleared up the turbo transducer cel code.
Another thing I repeatedly pulled a vacuum on the egr valve and released vacuum many times until I could hear the egr valve close. I think that helped the idle.
I drove the car around the neighborhood and the turbo is working. Not near as good as my old 85 300sd but I can finally tell the turbo is doing something. And the idle is much improved so going in the right direction.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk