View Single Post
Old 06-06-2019, 07:54 PM
The Young Timer

sorry everyone, my ipad croaked at the beginning of the week, it was my main connection to the internet since im rarely on pc and I hate my phone for internet use. my ipad was like a mobile comp and its been down since Monday night. anyway well I managed to fix the idle down issue, they were a little lean and after I enriched the mixture slightly I reved it up and tested it and it never died down on me again, now what was happening is when I accelerated the engine bogged and sounded like it had no power but now what I noticed was the accelerator pump spring was lagging ALOT on the first carb so I replaced the spring with a stiffer same length spring and boom, not as much lag since I didn't replace the other one (working on it) so everything is good there, but now there is another issue arising my concern, is the water pump housing separate from the engine block? it appears to be leaking and it cant be the pump because I just replaced it, the banjo bolts below them look dry and the thermostat housing under the gasket is also dry, also I fixed an oil leak from the chain tensioner because it was also leaking oil from the o ring. just wondering if the waterpump housing is separate and replaceable or if im going to need a whole new engine oooooof. anyway ill check back here if and when I get my ipad soon or get a new one