View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 11:43 PM

Never done the bendix calipers. But, I have had issues on various calipers where the Dust Boot would not stay on the lip of the caliper body. Meaning that I got the boot seal over the lip on the caliper body but it popped back off. But, on those calipers there was no heat shield in the way.

On some the caliper lip and the boot lip needed to be degreased with brake cleaner so it was dry. Then when the boot was installed I needs something like C-clamps to hold the boot down and after letting it sit like 6 hours the boot finally gripped onto the lip.

Other times after the degreasing I have used a high temp rubber cement that I have or used silicone sealant and again used C-clamps to hold the boot onto the caliper lip and waited till it cured and glued them to the caliper.

In the past I have used

Repair Links
Fast navigation Fast navigation Do It Yourself Links

The quality of caliper rebuilding kits varies. You might find that the originals had a separate external metal spring to squeeze the boot onto the caliper lip and the kit you get will have that spring inside of the rubber lip of the boot. The ones with the spring inside tend to slip off of the caliper lip more then the original styles do.