View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 12:15 AM

'81 240D Power Windows Short (?)

Hi! I just bought a beautiful cream-colored 240D, 139,000 original miles, and while I was fixing a buzzing in the hazard light (I spilt water on it but did fix the buzzing) the wires that connect to the right rear power window switch came out of their protective box and a couple of them touched and brightly sparked. I must have had the power on to test the hazard light when this happened. After putting everything back the way I found it the right front power window switch sent the right rear window down halfway (I may have had the four right rear window wires configured incorrectly at this point, but they should be right now) and now all four windows cannot be controlled by any of the window switches. They are stuck where they are. The fuses seem to be okay, the turn signals and hazard light work fine, do any of you have any ideas of what I can try replacing or adjusting to fix this issue? I know there is a power window relay behind the dash. I was really bummed to have caused some maybe complicated harm after a long day and a successful fix. Any advice is greatly appreciated! It's hot out here ….