View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwnate1 View Post
The news (North America) reported last week that there is currently a large surplus of un sold pot from this year's harvest ~ millions of tons .

A few years ago we buried Pops in Colorado and as I was passing through Cortez, Co. I smelled green, drying pot very strongly, it turned out that in the middle of town right on the main drag, was a pot processing factory in an old larg big box store building .

It doesn't take much space to grow lots of these plants, just some water and electricity for the grow lamps .

I don't partake but am interested in looking at the farming aspect of it as I was a farmer in the 1960's and am curious how / what they do .

There's a dried up nearly dead town just East of Baker, Ca. that's being turned into a commercial pot farm, sounds interesting to me .

? Maybe Americans are not allowed to ship their pot into Canada ? .
Perhaps they are not allowed to ship it into Canada.. I suspect obtaining a legal commercial growing licence. To service the legal market would be difficult in Canada. I have not heard anything so it is just a strong suspicion.

What is odd is I have seen no reference of the federal or provincial tax amounts that are applied to the product. I did hear there was a sticker on the legal product though. If the tax is really excessive it may not leave a very rosy picture for the growers. Deserted commercial retail malls are becoming more common and might present good opportunities for legal growers.

Again I am not positive but think you have to present your drivers licence when purchasing legally. The initial response was far greater than expected when it was first legalized. Many legal outlets have closed down until more supply is available. In one province if not more.. The provincial governments own the retail outlets. Hopefully a Canadian user can come forward and present a more accurate picture.

I suspect there will be a lot of resistance for legalization in America. It would represent a substantial hit on the huge private commercial prison system. There exists another factor there as well. Why is the average prison sentence in America four times greater than the equivalent in other developed countries? Why does that exist at all?

Last edited by barry12345; 06-11-2019 at 11:48 AM.