View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 12:50 AM

Something similar happened to me when I cross threaded the bolt. But in my case it was only the first thread that got buggered.

What I had done was jack up one side of the Car and change out one Engine Mount and lower the Car and jack up the other side and changed the mount and that is where I got the alignment off and cross threaded.

So I jacked up both sides if the Car loosened the opposite side and used a tapered punch and a 2x4 lever to shift the engine around till the hole was line up. I don't remember the size of the tap but I was able to get a tape in there and chase the threads an I was able to screw the bolt in and tighten down both bolts.

When I changed the mounts again 5 years later I was careful to make sure the holes were lined up with a tapered punch and I did not tighten both bolts till both bolts were run all the way in OK. I also jacked up both sides of the vehicle so that the Engine would not slide over to one side.

In any event the Aluminum Arm comes off of the Engine. If you don't want to deal with the cross treading issue you could remove it and inspect it and see if it could be reworked by chasing the threads with a tap or a thread insert.

One person solved the issue by taking a drill bit and drilling all of the way through the Arm to the other side and putting a long bolt all the way through it and a self locking nut on the other end.