View Single Post
Old 06-19-2019, 12:44 PM

Become a mechanic or auto body repair tech???

Not sure if this is the right sub for this, but I'm sure many of you could answer this question. I'm planning on dropping out of college after I complete this year (might finish a degree later on in life), and get into trade school. My question is that should I become a mechanic or an auto body repair tech? For a bit of background, my father is a self-taught mechanic and has been working on cars since his early childhood. The man is a wizard at fixing cars - it's almost spooky. He's always wanted to open up his own shop, so with his years of experience in mechanical work and if I go for auto body repair, we could have plenty of groundwork to get started.

Back to the point, from what I hear auto body seems to pay more and be less back breaking. Also, regardless of what powers future cars, body panels, paint, etc, are always going to need fixing/replacing. As you can probably tell, I'm leaning towards auto body. However, I'd love to hear what you have to say.https://discord.software/ fetLife itunes

Last edited by monicgomes; 06-23-2019 at 04:38 PM.