View Single Post
Old 06-19-2019, 11:03 PM
Dieseldiehard

New addition to the fleet

I had to do it!
I checked CL one morning and spotted a '99 300D turbo, I always look for them I guess I am just like my moniker, a Diesel DIEHARD!
Having driven a '99 turbo for several years I somewhat reluctantly let my wife's niece drive it to college.
I am happy with the M104 in my '95 wagon but I do miss the torque AND fuel economy of the '99 turbodiesel. Stuttgart really got that one right in my book, its the last production I want to own, no newer models for me, no thanks.
I debated buying it for 2 hours or so, then made the call. I told myself there would never be another opportunity like this
The seller must have been taking a call as I got a busy and then I couldn't get thru to his mailbox so I left an email.
Another hour or so and I was about to write it off to a missed opportunity then the seller CALLED!
He said he was getting calls from all over! Los Angeles, Washington State but none in the Bay Area. I didn't realize so may people checked CL so far away. Maybe there is a method of searching anyhow he had a flurry of calls soon after he posted the car fs so there has to be some networking going on.
The seller was surprised I was so close, just 3 miles away, and I was eager to see it so off I went.
Car is a beaut, garaged most of its life, dealer maintained, clear title and clear Headlight Lens! Ran like a new car! No diff whine like my '99 with 265K miles. I always wanted to feel what a new '99 ran like. The only mod I would like is to do a serpentine fan delete so I can hear the turbo spin up.

Now I'm explaining to my wife why I bought another 20 y.o. car. Well, its hardly broken in I told her!
DDH
Attached Thumbnails
New addition to the fleet-odometer-when-purchased-red.jpg   New addition to the fleet-first-front-view-red.jpg