View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 05:10 PM

The history of lobster consumption in the Canadian maritimes is interesting. If you were going to have it for supper. You locked the doors and closed the kitchen windows off with curtains or blinds.

You were considered destitute if found consuming them.. Instead it was common to use them as garden fertilizer.

Today they exist just off the beach at our cottage. The fine if I grab a few is substantial. .

Personally I like Halibut and the wife prepares lobster thermador for us on occasion. She does not like lobster herself.

Sitting back on the patio deck with the sun dropping. The waves crashing on the beach. With the warm summer breeze blowing. With a bowl of the lobster thermador and a beer or two. Watching the long legged Cranes and Blue Herrons flying in ground effect over the water.

Wondering if it ever really gets any better than this..

One son in law makes a sea food chowder.That goes well beyond anything I have ever experienced before as well. Rich in lobster, scallops and other things. Summer and seafood are a typical scenario in the Canadian maritimes.