View Single Post
Old 06-22-2019, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wusha View Post
Sorry to resurrect but I’m in desperate need of help. How did you reach down to the throttle arm? Do you pull the linkages or adjust while they’re on the ball joints?

I have about 1/4 inch of free throttle until it can hit the WOT stop.
It might help if I knew what problem you were trying to fix.

The Throttle Lever is that lever on the Fuel Injection Pump. You reach down between the Fuel Injection Pump and the Engine Block (better when everything is cold) and simply keep it from moving. Then have someone slowly step on the accelerator and see how much play is in the linkages.

If you have play you also need to determine if the play is due to a worn out pivot mount on the fire wall or not.

See of you linkages matches the one in the attached pic where a bolt on the linkage is circled in red. You can take up some play by loosening that bolt and rotating the linkage and tightening it down.

Look for wear where the part on the one pic with the Green circle goes through the Metal.

The linkages with sockets have specific lengths that you need to reference in the Factory Service Manual. The measurements are from the center of the socket to the other center and can be done with the linkage removed.

There is another measurement/adjustment in the Factory Service Manual that requires a little metal disc to be inserted but I have never done that.

Someone will have to post the site of a free only W123 manual for you. Also there is more then one linkage setup.
Attached Thumbnails
How do you properly adjust the Throttle Linkage-linkage-adjustment-bolt.jpg   How do you properly adjust the Throttle Linkage-throttle-linkage-x-clip.jpg