View Single Post
Old 06-22-2019, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wusha View Post
When I press the pedal full throttle, there is about 1/4 inch before the throttle arm hits the WOT stop on the injection pump. Plus, when driving it takes 50% throttle to even get the car moving safely.

How stiff should the pivot mount be? It can wiggle but not much. I assume it’s cuz it’s a ball/round joint?

Yes same linkage as your pics. 1983 300d. Both red and green. The red 10mm nut is already adjusted all the way to the drivers side fender.

Yea I’m having trouble finding a manual locally.
There is a free online site that still works some members have posted for people. The one that I have in my notes no longer works. That would give you the lengths of the various rods.

You might try this without the Engine running. Pop the Linkage that goes to the throttle arm off of the Ball (you can use the top of it) and by hand push the Throttle lever and see if it goes all the way to the stop. If it won't go all the way to the stop then there is some other issue besides the linkage going on.

Can you seen enough of the linkages in my pics to tell if yours are orientated OK?

About 9 months ago I installed a new pivot mount. I don't think there was much play in it but I don't specifically remember. However, If you remove it and inspect it you would be able to tell more.
Once you get it off of the Fire Wall I bet you will find the Plastic is falling apart especially the Collar that goes through the metal part.

I have never messed with it as the Nut is rusted on to it but there is also an adjustment for the Accelerator Pedal linkage below the Pivot Mount and the Accelerator Pedal Linkages inside of the Car can also deteriorate.