View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco5 View Post
So many are being crushed it's sad.
So it's OK when a person driving one of these cars can no longer care for it and sends it to the salvage yard for others to scavenge parts? It's sad that someone has lost their trusty soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWhitmore View Post
Unfortunately, Mercedes, in my opinion, does not have the same respect for the W123 cars as they have for the more expensive models despite the fact that the W123 was produced in numbers that far exceeded other models and basically provided Mercedes with income during some tough times in Stuttgart.
So what you are saying is MB is greedy and caters to the higher end cars whose owners are not cheap?

If MB could make $ by supplying 30 year old cars with parts, why would the " greed " not kick in and parts flow freely?

Over in this thread https://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/diesel-discussion/399740-broken-console-pin-need-new-one.html Our guy wants to pay $ 10 for a console pin to fit an unspecified car ( we have to guess ). Are you willing to front the costs of manufacture? Seems like a good money maker no? When can we expect to place an order?

In another thread, a person made window sliders for themselves and a few extras to sell. Being they are the engineering type, they kept an accurate record of costs and priced it to break even or make a modest profit. They were inundated with " I want to pay less " , " I want to trade parts " and not much " Thank you for making parts unobtainable elsewhere that improve a weak design."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
We're partly to blame for the problem. So many of us buy cheap aftermarket parts from suppliers like URO, further demonstrating to Mercedes Benz that demand for quality spares is falling.
. . .

Gee, the voice of reason falling on deaf ears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
Source your parts from the dealer if you can. And if you can't contact their classic parts departments to log your request for that part. They track requests and remanufacture accordingly.
Nope, the STEALER is evil and never buy parts from them, just complain that MB pushes parts to NLA that no one if buying.