View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Of Giants View Post
So much so I only take the highway at night or before dawn.
Cue " I wear my sunglasses at night. . " and the movie Dawn Patrol.

Quote:
Two more odd issues.
#1 in gears 1-2 At full throttle the cat will not go past 4300-4500 rpm. It will hover at 4500 and not up shift.

Does it ever upshift if you lift the throttle? If it will not shift up as you say it does, how do you ever get out of 1 st gear?

Quote:
#2 in gears 3-4-5, at full throttle the car goes into neutral. Which makes it not suitable for highway driving.
What do you mean by " goes into neutral " ? How do you know it is in 3 - 4 - 5 if the trans goes into neutral? Does the engine rev freely past 4500 when this occurs?

If you actually put the shifter in neutral during issue # 2, what would happen? If after this supposed neutralizing event, do you have to shut the car off in order to regain automatic shifting ( get it out of limp ) ?

Quote:
When I am normally putting around it acts fine.
At what % throttle does this shifting issue occur? If you reduce throttle slightly will the trans shift?

Quote:
Why is it doing this? Bad transmission, bad kickdown, faulty transmission electronics, or simply clogged fuel filters?
The farther into the throttle you are the later the trans will shift, this is normal. If the engine is down on power the RPM will hang and trans not shift.

Quote:
I'm scheduling a 6 can diesel purge sometime next week. Maybe that will help.
Why 6 cans? How much does the manufacturer call for?