View Single Post
Old 07-03-2019, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wusha View Post
https://youtu.be/HoaOi5KCFFw
Automatic transmission.

The turbo/air intake side of the engine shakes violently. I’ve replaced the rubber cushions under the air intake and both the intake and bracket are tightly secure. shaking stops if given a little throttle.

-Engine has all regular maintenance, except valve adjustment.
-Unknown condition of motor mounts.
-Idle is 800 stable
-Runs fine and spirited on highway. Lots of mid/high end power.
-Zero vacuum leaks. Air intake is also all sealed properly.

My first step is to buy valve wrenches and do the tuning. Then motor mounts if that doesn’t help.

If someone has a good ear, please drop some knowledge. Thanks

P.S. - @65mph My rpms sit @2750-2800rpm. Is this appropriate?
The whole Engine needs to shake for the Air Filter to Shake.

After you do the valve adjustment people say to drive 200 miles or so and do the adjustment again.

If the driver's side motor mount is collapsed sometimes the power steering belt cuts through one of the Oil Cooler Hoses and you can loose all of your Oil and after that the Engine.

What I had to do to get rid of the my when Engine hot vibration/shaking:

Raise the Idle speed within the normal range (this helped some; it was around 700rpm). I raised it to about 750 rpms.

I bought a new Rack Damper Bolt but it did not help much. I have a turbocharged 300D Tubo and it has a Rack Damper Bolt.

Rebuilt my Injectors with new Nozzles (This took away most of the shaking)

Doing a Valve Adjustment (took away some more shaking). If you can adjust the Valves yourself do that first except for the new Valve Cover gasket is free.

Changed Motor and Transmission mounts (took away some more vibration)

Found that I had a small air leak that showed up when the Engine was hot due to hard fuel inlet lines that did not seal even with the clamps tight.

Finally was able to use the Rack Damper Bolt to tune out a little more shake. (that bolt was made to reduce the shake on a new engine; not to compensate for a bunch of worn and out of spec parts.