View Single Post
Old 07-04-2019, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHZR2 View Post
Are you sure the air filter bracket isn’t cracked? I believe there’s a reinforced version out there, not sure if it’s legit or works. But if the old bracket shook enough it could have cracked.

I thought around 3000 rpm at 70 was roughly right. I should have looked earlier. It’s been a few years since I’ve routinely drove a w123 with a tach.
100% solid. Before the video, I replaced a missing rubber mount under the air filter. Also secured one that was loose. I also grabbed the bracket with two hands to find any play; it was solid and secure. I figured the new 3/3 air filter rubber mounts would solve my rattle (because it was the air filter banging metal) but it only made the engine shaking more obvious. In person you can see it well, on iPhone camera, it’s probably 30fps and not capturing the motion, hence the dancing glove.

Thanks for the RPM confirmation. I was worried I didn’t have fourth gear but today I test drove it and it’s certainly there. My 1st gear just shifts too soon, under 2.5k, even in full throttle. Rest of the shifts are smooth...compared to before when I had major vacuum leaks.