View Single Post
Old 07-13-2019, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greazzer View Post
I may have been one of the first to respond, but I am probably one of the last to actually install it.

VERY HAPPY !!!!! A must buy item for the W123 crowd.

I found a key in my glovebox to "Red", and it was to the car but it was broken. The downside was this type of key is the plastic casted head and not the removable type of key. Half of the plastic head was missing.

Being impatient I used the dremel tool and not the file since a perfect fit is a must. I may be off a few 1000th's of an inch, and there is the ever so slightest amount of play, barely noticeable unless you twist and pull the key; however, still virtually no play.

Saved a key and got a super cool key in the process.

If you have the non-removable type of key, you have to shave off the "wings" of the key and square them up. I doubt I invested 15 minutes with the dremel.
We are taking delivery of 200 of the updated keys on monday that will need no dremel or file to fit all known key types, including dealer replacements.

We've also dropped the price to $32 to pass on our savings from making a larger run to you guys. Black only this time.

Garage:

2017 Chevy Colorado Diesel (nanny state emissions)
2005 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, 77k
1987 Mercedes-Benz 300D turbodiesel, 4 sp auto, 156k - 28.7 mpg
1996 Tracker 4x4, 2 door, 16v, 3 sp auto. 113k - 28.6 mpg

WARNING: this post may contain dangerous free thinking.