View Single Post
Old 07-14-2019, 10:00 AM
Diesel Dandy

Post Being Obtuse

Yes, that's exactly what they said .

Don't be obtuse, you know what I meant .

I have an acquaintance who's 86 years old and you'd never know it to look at him ~ he's an Engineer who still works by choice, rides Motocycles and works on various old cars & Motos too .

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !. as far as I can tell, having lots of birthdays is the easiest way to prolong life .

Yes, after 60 Y.O. I began to notice muscle degradation .

Yesterday I took our two Foster boys down to San Pedro to look at the harbor from the hilltop on Gaffey , decades ago there was a neat steel tower you could climb up to get an amazing view, it got rusty and was removed in the late 1970's, only the concrete flat area remains, it's nice and bucolic and retains a good harbor view .

One of the boys couldn't make out the WWII Victory ship / museum "S.S. Lane Victory" so I think I need to have a chat with his Optometrist, he's near sighted and wears glasses, had no idea he was looking at a working harbor full of thousands of boats .

Then we drove to Point Fermin and walked by the cliff tops near the lighthouse, toured the housing of the U.S.A.F. Base a little bit, had some dinner, San Pedro went through some rough times in the 1960's and 1970's but seems to be bouncing back pretty well ~ the streets are well paved and marked, plenty of low income folks living 1 block from the beach yet not filthy and gang ridden or drunk filled like in the past . they're rebuilding the Ports 'O Call tourist area yet again, maybe next time I'll take them there .

I did then what I knew how to do ~ now that I know better I do better