View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 08:45 PM

The more common fix for that sort of issue is to get another screw with a similar head shape but fatter diameter.

If you can get behind the hole and there is room you could with Epoxy glue another piece of sheet metal and drill hole in it just big enough to get the Screw Started if it is a sheet metal screw. Or drill and tap it for the specific Screw thread size.

The issue with the Epoxy is what holds the sheet metal in place while it cures. The have 5 minute Epoxy but you need a lot of patients to hold something in place for 5 minutes also both surfaces need to be clean and roughed up a little.

In replacing the Window Motors on my Chevy Van and other Chevy I used flange/washer headed nuts that I epoxied on.
I oiled the threads on the little screws and used Toilet Tissue to absorb the excess. Put the epoxy as carefully as I could on the flange of the Nut and screwed it together without the Motor and let it cure. I was still able to back out the Screws without and issues due to the oil on the threads that kept the epoxy from sticking to them.