View Single Post
Old 05-06-2003, 02:20 PM

The Auto-RX site states:

Basic Procedure for Engines with Less Than 100,000 miles
STEP 1
Install new oil filter (DO NOT BYPASS THIS STEP. You will need a clean oil filter to catch and store liquefied contaminants coming out of your engine).
STEP 2
Pour 12 full ounces of Auto-Rx® into your existing oil.
STEP 3
Drive 500 miles (750 miles if using synthetic oil; 1000 miles if using diesel engine).
STEP 4
Change the oil and oil filter.

Basic Procedure for Engines with More Than 100,000 miles

You will need two applications of Auto-Rx® for engines with more than 100,000 miles. Because of oil filter limitations, one new, clean filter will not hold liquefied contaminants generated by an engine with that many miles.

FIRST APPLICATION

STEP 1
Install new oil filter (DO NOT BYPASS THIS STEP. You will need a clean oil filter to catch and store liquefied contaminants coming out of your engine).
STEP 2
Pour full 12 ounces of Auto-Rx® into your existing oil.
STEP 3
Drive 500 miles (750 miles if using synthetic oil; 1000 miles if using diesel engine).
STEP 4
STEP 5
Drive your car an additional 1500 miles with just the new oil and filter.

SECOND APPLICATION

STEP 1
Add the second bottle of Auto-Rx®
STEP 2
Drive 500 miles (750 miles if using synthetic oil; 1000 miles if using diesel engine)
STEP 3

The application for high-mileage engines is done.

As a footnote: I had a 1982 240D with over 220k miles. When I bought it (169k) the automatic transmission had multiple problems. I solved the obvious mechanical problems (vacuum and linkage), serviced it with new ATF and filter but it still operated poorly. Irregular shifting, varied cold to hot etc. I was resigned to having to do the transmission.

I decided I would try some "snake oil" as a last resort. *I knew that nothing would compensate for worn metal* but if something was crudded up or varnished, then why not.

I used one can of the Auto-Rx® Transmission Medic and the difference was impressive. I had been told repeatedly that I just had to settle repairing the trans. When I sold the car miles later, it shifter perfectly.

Haasman
'91 300E-Went to Ex
'65 911 Coupe (#302580)