View Single Post
Old 10-12-2019, 05:13 PM
E300d 1995

Ordering parts from EBAY &/or ********, gotcha's to know about

EBAY says they will resolve this, but wanted y'all to be aware of it.

If you order a car part that EBAY & the seller says 'will fit ' your entered vehicle type,

and it arrives and will ' not fit ' because it is the wrong part number,

do not choose ' will not fit ' as the reason for returning. EBAY considers this a buyers remorse reason and will insist that you pay for return shipping. Choose instead ' item not as described ', then the seller pays for return shipping.

EBAY customer representative told me they would correct their wording to something like ' not the correct size ' instead of ' will not fit '. Hopefully they do that. This would then cover items like clothing that might not fit due to a size problem. They agreed that auto parts might not ' fit ' due to wrong part being sent.

EBAY wanted to charge me over $60 dollars to return an item that only cost $64 to purchase including free shipping. Luckily after the 3rd phone call they seem to have agreed that their computer wording is wrong and will not ask me to pay for return shipping.....

The other company to watch out for is R O C K A UT O, they would not accept a part return request for a part that was sent to me and was the wrong part number for my car. They also will not accept any ' customer service ' calls to discuss the issue. This cost me $138 for a part stated to fit my car, but was totally different than what was needed. I was left with no recourse except to limit items ordered from them.