View Single Post
Old 05-09-2003, 04:06 PM

Daesun-

I don't believe your information is accurate re: "exception of a few factory monochrome examples ...produced in late '94"

I have viewed live physical examples for myself N American factory 500e (assembled prior to 1994) that have factory original mono-color scheme (to the lower body cladding,etc.)

I recall from old sales brochures that 500e color "options" were available (to choose from) for ordering the car (both interior and exterior) to personal taste.

I sense no anomaly (other than being very very rare) about factory Black monochrome exterior paint treatment on pre-'94 500e.

It is my understanding that build codes from the factory plate (engine compartment) can be deceiphered (info search here or on the net) and MBUSA may be able to help with the factory window sticker (copy) if an owner wishes...

Pops- it is my impression that a majority of NAmerican 500e500 do possess the Pearl Black exterior matched with a) grey leather interior or b) black leather interior. If you're concerned about owning a 500e with an original color scheme- one can always restore /repaint it inexpensively.

I myself prefer the two-tone factory paint scheme vs. the mono

best regards
-fad