View Single Post
Old 05-09-2003, 08:44 PM

R Leo,

I've been using Evans coolant for about a year now in my '80 300SD and '87300SDL. In normal operation I haven't detected any difference from reqular antifreeze/water coolant. On a trip thru the rocky mountains with Evans coolant, the engine temperature going up a long hill appeared to go a little higher, maybe 25F, than on previous trips with water/antifreeze coolant. However, as soon as I go over the top and start downhill the engine temperature returnes to normal. This was all done with the radiator cap loose and no coolant was lost.

I also use Evans in a Ford Diesel tractor/mower. The radiator screen gets plugged with chaff and with water/antifreeze coolant by the time the overheat light came on, the coolant was boiling and leaking out. With Evans coolant when the over temp light comes on there is no boiling even with pressure cap loose. When the overheating occurs, I stop the engine and remove and clean the radiator screen and replace it. When the engine is restarted it cools quickly.

The advantages are higher boiling point, non pressurized system, less corrosion than water system and less cavitation.

Only con is the higher cost, about $25 per gallon but this is reduced by the extra long life.

Go to http://www.evanscoolant.com for more information. You may get referred to another site where you can get more information and order Evans coolant.

P E H