View Single Post
Old 09-07-2000, 12:53 AM
MikeTangas's Avatar
MikeTangas MikeTangas is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: So. Cal
Posts: 4,430
Actually anymore most all the vehicles are CA emmissioned, except they don't have the CA emmissions tag certifying it for CA. If bringing a vehicle into the State, at least from out of state, as long as it is equipped with all the emmissions equipment, and everything is working, and the car can pass the CA smog check, you're good to go. Up until recently there was a $300.00 environmental impact fee that was imposed on vehicles brought in that did not meet CA emmissions (no tag), that fee has since been ruled unconstitutional. Now if I can find the VIN's of a couple old Texas tagged trucks I brought with me, I can get a rebate.

Mike Tangas
73 280 SEL 4.5
Reply With Quote