View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 05:11 PM
dieselarchitect

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac2012 View Post
Silly me, that pristine CDT arrived on the yard November 5th. It must’ve been stripped in a hurry cuzzin it was gone completely when I got there cousin. The tank probably going to the shredder (sad trombone).

I think you’re right, I rushed the procedure a bit. On the other hand I got it roadworthy the day before yesterday by putting in the new oil cooler lines, drove yesterday 550 miles to Eugene, stayed at an Airbnb, having breakfast now. The primary filter as clean as can be, well, a couple of tiny bits.

Performed pretty well all in all but something in the turbo needs help. After that, the front end is not ideal. Took me about five or six or seven cranking attempts to get it started in this 25° weather.
Sounds like you might be sucking air in one of your fuel lines...or at a fitting. The lack of power may also be because of a crack in a small vac line which loops behind the back of the valve cover. If cracked you will not get the correct fuel enrichment when you put your throttle down. If you kick down the transmission at 50 to third it will not accelerate, just get louder. It can be fixed with a piece of shrink wrap.
[SIGPIC] Diesel loving autocrossing grandpa Architect. 08 Dodge 3/4 ton with Cummins & six speed; I have had about 35 benzes. I have a 39 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup in which I have had installed a 617 turbo and a five speed manual.[SIGPIC]

..I also have a 427 Cobra replica with an aluminum chassis.