View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 11:08 AM

Not answering your question but have used silicon vacuum hose for my ALDA line since 2007 with no issues.
Note there is no clamp on it as it only has to be able to handle about 12 psi of boost pressure. The hose also makes it easier to T in a gauge.

When I ordered a new Oil Pressure line from Mercedes the one that goes from the Block to the Fuel Injection Pump it came with 2 un-installed banjos that appear to be the same size as the one on the ADLA and a length of the clear plastic tubing.

To install it I taped the Jaws of a vice grips so it would not scratch up the Banjo face an a glove that has a rubbery gripping surface on it an simply forced the banjo into the plastic tubing. Some twisting helped.
Note I did not wear the Glove but I wrapped the glove around the line and squeezed on the line+glove.
The same could be done with the old Banjos and new tube.

Anyone reading this might also consider replacing their Block to Fuel Injection Pump Oil line while they can still be bought. I mean they are over 30 years old and ought to be brittle from the hot Oil going through them. That is why I replaced mine many years back.
Attached Thumbnails
Sources for nylon hoses & banjos-silicon-vacuum-hose-used-alda.jpg   Sources for nylon hoses & banjos-fuel-injection-pump-oil-line-assembled-2019.jpg   Sources for nylon hoses & banjos-fuel-injection-pump-oil-line-assembled-2019.jpg  

Last edited by Diesel911; 12-02-2019 at 11:23 AM.