View Single Post
Old 12-26-2019, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumb View Post
confused: the pump just pulls up out of the body, how do you push it?
Picture of what you are doing would be helpful. We may be talking about different things.
I see a Photo ( top of Photo you can see Lever and top of Pump ) from the Top of the Accelerator Pump I can add here but it does not come out only lifts up a bit then stops , don't want to brake it . Pump Lever swings out of the way .

The Accelerator Pump you can view from the Top and comes out from the top . it pumps from downward movement .
However for removal it does not come out all the way only comes up some. with that part of the Carb Body turned upside down you can see a Jet directly under the Accelerator Pump but smaller in diameter . I removed this jet and you can see the Bottom of the Accelerator Pump and push it upward but only a small amount
and it does not come out as if something is locking it in ?

I assume Fuel go's in the jet at the bottom and the pump when depressed pumps Fuel out the Tube in the venturi

How did I push it ? well Since it did not pull out of the top only comes up some then stops I removed the jet at the bottom and pushed the bottom of the pump upward but with the same result , only moves a bit then stops as if locked in somehow ?
Perhaps I should push or pull it harder ? humm I was pulling quite hard already but it seems locked in ? ( it pumps fine perhaps i well just put it together as New Pumps don't come with the Very costly kit anyway ? )

Just found this Video on You tube . you can see the Pump in video # 5 https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKDwdyP9Nwd2PeOlU_L7r6L_jWl2OXG-
7&app=desktop

After viewing the video it looks like if I force it the pump well be ruined humm
Attached Thumbnails
Zenith 35/40 INAT Carburettors-zenith-carbs.jpg   Zenith 35/40 INAT Carburettors-acc-pump.png  

Last edited by aluminum; 12-26-2019 at 01:51 PM.