View Single Post
Old 05-12-2003, 01:52 PM
Multiple issues...please help

Hello everyone,

I hope someone will be able to at least shed some light to my issues. Here is what my 92' 400E is doing most of the time. I say most of the time because sometimes it runs absolutely fine without any issues. I cannot point to any weather or temperature since it is sporadic.

During idle all of a sudden the idle would go up and down, the car will shake, it feels like is going to die on me, but it never does. By pressing the throttle about 1/4 down then I get actual acceleration. Sometimes after pressing the throttle it appears that it goes into the "limp mode". Once I stop the engine and immediately restart everything is working without any issues for a while until the next time.

The ASR light does not come on at all. Never had a problem with the ASR light.

Cruise control is working fine.

From what I have read on this board it looks to me like the Throttle Actuator. Am I thinking correct?

Also, my oil pressure gauge goes to "3" immediately upon starting the car. It stays there until I shut the engine. It does not move at all no matter if idle, running, stopping, etc..

Also, my temperature gauge does not register more than 60 no matter how hot the engine is. I have check, no leaks put new thermostat and flush the radiator. Again is stays between 40 and 60 degrees.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.